West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX. Recognized as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of Canada’s 10 Best Companies to Work For, West Fraser is a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. We were recently named for the fourth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates for 2017. West Fraser’s Sundre Forest Products Division, located in Sundre, AB has an immediate opening for a fully certified:
The Millwright will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting and preventative maintenance strategies.
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process
- Undertake preventative maintenance program for equipment
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to repair equipment
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up, and repair of equipment and machinery
- Work in man lifts with the use of fall protection equipment
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders
- Remove, grind and install knives
- Use knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
- Verify and document repairs made
- Work in a safe manner using proper PPE
Our ideal Millwright candidate possesses:
- A valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Millwright certification
- Mechanical aptitude; excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work closely with other trades and employees
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe workplace
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible schedule in order to work days, nights and/or weekend shifts
Considered a strong asset:
- A welding certificate
We offer a challenging, stable work environment with a competitive wage and benefit package. If this position sounds like the career for you, apply today in confidence by submitting your resume and cover letter at www.westfraser.com/jobs, click “apply now” in green at the top of the page. The application deadline is 4:00 PM MST on January 31, 2020.
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.