Work Wild, a program within the Alberta Forest Products Association, reaches out to people who are making one of the most important choices in their lives — finding a career they love! We are looking for an enthusiastic people-person to fill our Forestry Educator position.
Job Title: Forestry Educator
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Work Wild Program Manager, the Forestry Educator implements Work Wild program objectives, which include educating Albertans on forest sector practices as well as career opportunities in Alberta’s forest industry. The Forestry Educator will spend the majority of his/her time travelling to communities throughout Alberta, talking to students and job-seekers about the variety of rewarding opportunities in this sustainable industry.
- Travel to Alberta communities to educate students and job-seekers about careers and practices in Alberta’s forest sector by:
- exhibiting at career fairs
- providing presentations
- Engage online audience by creating, updating, and editing web and social media content, including:
- job postings
- blog posts
- Report reach numbers to Program Manager
- Degree or diploma in Education, Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Sciences, Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- Experience with youth and public speaking
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Prezi
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy in written communications
- Highly organized; able to juggle multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work independently, often in remote areas
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Experience in natural resource education considered an asset
Schedule: Full-time; Hours and days of work will be subject to variable hours of program.
Salary Range: $55,000 – $60,000 (Annually, pro-rated for 10.5 months)
Work Term: August 15, 2017 – June 30, 2018, with possibility for extension
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Ann Normand at email@example.com