Weyerhaeuser Drayton Valley has an opening for a Production Supervisor with strong technical and leadership capabilities.
The Production Supervisor will provide leadership excellence to a shift of hourly associates in achieving safety, quality and production goals. This individual is responsible for safely planning, coordinating and maintaining operational schedules, and supporting maintenance to ensure continuous process improvement.
The Production Supervisor is expected to be a role model in our safety standards and on-the-job behavior by living our core principles of integrity, fairness, creating a positive work environment, and ensuring open communication among associates.
- Supervision and development of employees reporting to this position.
- Responsible for the safe, efficient operation of the crew and all production facilities while on shift.
- Ensuring proper job and safety procedures are followed.
- Safety identifies process improvements and quality and production issues.
- Ensures adherence to all applicable site policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Proactively resolving employee issues and improve teamwork.
- Coordinates operations activities with the maintenance team, to proactively address all equipment concerns.
- Perform administrative duties such as preparing appropriate reports for shift operation and verify payroll time sheets.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, preference will be given to those with sawmill experience.
- A University degree with relevant/similar experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to generate commitment and motivate employees toward a common goal.
- Strong communication skills: written, oral and listening.
- Ability to lead problem-solving and analyze results to ensure objectives are met in a group/team environment.
- Good planning and organizing ability.
- Solid computer skills.
About Wood Products: We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser: We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.