West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company and listed on the TSX. Recognized for the fourth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates for 2017, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Hinton division is currently seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of:
JOURNEYMAN HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Heavy Duty Mechanic will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of predictive and preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team you will be responsible for working safely within the pulp mill.
Specific duties include:
- Troubleshooting and inspecting equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Actively participate in Hinton Pulp safety program
- Determining the extent of repair required,
- Adjusting equipment and repairing and/or replacing defective parts
- Cleaning and performing other maintenance work,
- Servicing attachments and working tools
The successful candidate will possess:
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic or Interprovincial certificate from a recognized institution;Journeyman Automotive Technician may be considered
- A minimum of three (3) years’ previous heavy industry experience
- Experience with Caterpillar and Letourneau & Liebherr mobile equipment and Taylor Forklifts
- Good interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Proven safety record and the utmost attention to maintain the safe operations of equipment
- Experience with welding (12 volt)
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Relocation assistance is available.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, theatre, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.town.hinton.ab.ca
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.