West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, planning, organization, and interpersonal skills to fill the following position: on:
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Superintendent, this position will provide maintenance engineering and project management services to successfully implement assigned capital and major expense projects to support an area team. Emphasis is placed on project scope development, project approval process, and management of procurement and construction activities. Diligent management of project schedule, budget, and scope is essential to be successful in this position. Projects are managed from inception to completion. In addition, this position will play a role in risk-based inspection activities.
The successful candidate must:
- Possess a Mechanical Engineering Degree from an accredited institution; other disciplines may be considered
- Previous experience in the pulp and paper or manufacturing industries is considered an asset
- Be able to communicate effectively in oral and written form with all levels of the organization
- Have good problem-solving and project management skills
- The desire to learn, grow and succeed in the field of engineering
- Embody the West Fraser traits of Integrity, Respect, Humility, Hard Work, and Frugality
- Be able to work effectively in a team environment
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Relocation assistance is available.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.town.hinton.ab.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.