Foothills Forest Products is a value added company specializing in dimensional lumber and pellets located in the front ranges of the Canadian Rocky Mountains in Grande Cache, Alberta. Foothills Forest Products maintains an SFI certification with an annual harvest of 450,000 m3.
We are seeking FOUR highly motivated summer students to assist with our annual forestry programs.These positions will run from early May to the end of August 2018, with the possibility of extension.Under the supervision of Forest Professionals, the selected candidates will gain hands on experience in all fields of forestry.
As summer staff, your responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
- Tree plant supervision
- Survival, establishment, and performance surveys
- Mountain pine beetle traps
- Weed control program
- Road Patrol
Planning and Operations
- Harvest and road design layout
- Reconnaissance (wood quality and volume)
- Harvest block, scaling, and log quality inspections
- GPS data collection
- Road and bridge maintenance and inspections
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Enrolled in a Forestry related post-secondary program
- Enjoy working outdoors with a strong willingness to learn
- Possess a valid Class 5 drivers license and first aid certificate
- Familiarity with ArcMap, MS Word/Excel
- Prior Forestry related experience and operation of off-road vehicles (ATV) is considered an asset
Foothills Forest Products is offering a competitive salary and accommodations to the successful candidates. If interested, please apply with your resume, cover letter and references by October 27, 2017. Please indicate which department (silviculture or operations) you favor.
All applications can be emailed in confidence to: Graham Duckers, RPF email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.