Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the fourth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates for 2017, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? West Fraser’s Sundre division has an opportunity for a highly skilled:
Reporting to the Divisional Controller, this role will gain exposure to the full cycle of accounting and all matters impacting the financial team on site. This is an exciting opportunity with the ultimate goal of promoting the selected candidate to Divisional Controller in one of our Canadian Operations as opportunities arise.
Specifically, the role will be responsible for:
- Preparation and processing of various month-end duties including journal entries, financial statement package, related mandatory reporting, and general ledger reconciliations
- Involvement as a key member of the management team on site
- Coordination and compilation of the annual business plan
- Assisting mill management in department cost control, cost/benefit analysis and providing financial information and recommendations
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) or be enrolled in the CPA program
- A strong computer systems skillset
- Well established organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Good verbal and written communication abilities
- A detailed and proactive approach to work
- A high level of motivation
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, an outstanding pension plan, and relocation package.
Sundre is located one hour northwest of Calgary, offering unlimited recreational opportunities in the foothills of the Rockies, good hospitals, schools, and an affordable lifestyle. For more on Sundre visit: http://www.sundre.com
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at:www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.