West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company, rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for four years and also nominated as Canada’s Top 100 Employers for Young People, 2017. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path?
Slave Lake Pulp, a division of West Fraser Mills Ltd., operates a state-of-the-art BCTMP pulp mill 225 km NW of Edmonton, and is seeking a:
CHEMICAL ENGINEERING STUDENT
This role is starting May 2017 for 8 months. The opportunity is to be involved in front-end project engineering, project justification, development of energy and material balances for proposed or existing pulp manufacturing or green energy systems.
- Chemical Engineering
- Experience in MS Project, AutoCAD and MS Office applications
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Will consider 3nd or 4rd year coop engineering students
Working under the direct supervision of the Engineering Superintendent, the successful candidates’ responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Commitment to SLP’s Health & Safety Program
- Prepare and update 2D drawings using AutoCAD
- Drawing and measurement verification
- Site inspecting & field verification
- Project planning and supervision as required
- Provide technical and engineering support to engineers
- CMMS data collection and analysis
- Energy and material balances
- Project concept development
- Engineering systems management (drawings, standards, specifications)
- Other duties as assigned
Slave Lake Pulp works to achieve ultimate health, safety and environmental standards. Our modern, efficient pulp mill is committed to the highest standards of customer satisfaction and product excellence. This is an excellent opportunity for a coop engineering student to join an industry leader intent on developing young professionals.
If this position sounds like the opportunity for you, submit your resume and cover letter to: www.westfraser.com/jobs click on the green “apply now” at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.