What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and the communities in which we operate. The Grande Prairie Pulp Mill has been a sustainable employer for over 40 years.
This position reports to the Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Team Leader in Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada. The Grande Prairie mill is a 1000+ tonne per day Northern Bleached Softwood Kraft pulp mill. It currently operates with approximately 320 mill employees in a high performance, results oriented environment.
The Instrumentation Technician is responsible to safely assemble, install, the measuring and control devices using hand tools and power tools. Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of breakdown and correct the problem. Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Participate in the safety, health, and environmental activities in accordance with standards established by the Grande Prairie Mill.
- Installing and testing instrumentation devices
- DCS maintenance
Contribute to the improvement of safety and maintenance of technical standards, work instructions and procedures, identifying and implementing changes as necessary.
- Strong Safety Commitment
- Quality Orientation and Standards Compliance
- Time Management – Planning and Organizing
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Decision Making and Judgment
- Team Work
Required qualifications include:
- High school diploma, GED, or trade school
- Willing and able to work shift, overtime, weekends, and on-call
- 5 years’ experience in industrial maintenance
- Experience in reading engineering drawings
- Experience in troubleshooting equipment issues with electrical and instrumentation
- Experience using a computer for record keeping and documentation
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and constructively, as well as good verbal and written English skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Comprehension of complex work instructions and documentation as well as the ability to perform duties with little direction
- Ability to travel internationally if required.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Journeyperson Instrumentation
- 5 years’ experience as a fulltime Instrumentation Journeyman Technician
International Paper is an equal opportunity employer Our core values: Commitment, Ownership, Respect, Excellence.
Grande Prairie AB T8V 3A9