West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX. Rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers four years in a row, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within. We are looking for an individual interested in a long-term career with us. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, an outstanding pension plan and relocation package.
The Woodland’s Team at our Blue Ridge Lumber division has an immediate opening for a highly motivated, professional to fill the role of:
Reporting to the Operations Superintendent, the Operations Supervisor will be part of a team with responsibilities for all aspects of forest operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise harvesting, hauling and related operations
- Ensure that production, quality, environmental and legal requirements are met in a safe and cost effective manner
- Contract management, contractor supervision, liaison with government officials and coordination with planning and silviculture
- Possess a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Registered Professional Forester Tech (RPFT) designation for Alberta (or be eligible and willing to earn this designation)
- Be a dynamic, career-minded individual
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be highly motivated with proven organizational skills
Blue Ridge is located near the growing, family-friendly community of Whitecourt, Alberta, and a short one and half hour drive from Edmonton. The area offers excellent year round recreational activities. Our mill and forest operations form an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in the Whitecourt, Mayerthorpe and Blue Ridge areas. To learn more visit: http://woodlands.ac.ca. If this position sounds like the career for you, apply today in confidence, online through our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.