Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Certified Welder will be a key player in the maintenance department. In this role, you will be responsible for the welding, fabrication, repair, installation, and modification using MIG, ARC and TIG welding processes.
- Determine welding needs and offer recommendations for desired repairs and outcomes
- Ensure all company safety procedures and protocols are followed
- Assist other maintenance personnel when the welding workload allows
- Clean, check for defects and shape component parts, sometimes using a cutting torch
- Develop patterns for projects or follow directions given in layouts and work orders
- Participate in preventative maintenance on key machine centers, general equipment repairs, and project related work
- Troubleshoot equipment mechanical issues
- Perform repairs and installation on a variety of equipment and structures
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, and other documents as required
- Hold a valid Alberta Journeyman or Interprovincial Welding Certificate
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Exhibit strong organizational and communication skills
- Safety conscious and positive attitude
- Millwright experience will be considered as an asset
- Solid background in structural welding and SAP
- Previous experience in a manufacturing facility is preferred
About Weyerhaeuser: We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.