West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. We are listed on the TSX and recognized for the sixth time, as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? We are a growing Company looking for talented people to be part of our team. West Fraser’s Hinton Wood Products division has an opportunity for an:
Reporting to the Operations Superintendent, the Operations Supervisor will work individually and with a team of professionals responsible for all aspects of forest operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise timber harvesting, hauling, road construction, and related operations
- Ensure that production, quality, environmental and legal requirements are met in a safe and cost-effective manner
- Contract management, contractor supervision, liaison with government officials and coordination with planning and silviculture
Desired Qualifications and Qualities:
- Highly motivated, career-minded individual
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Registered Professional Forest Technologist (RPFT) designation for Alberta (or be eligible and willing to earn this designation)
- Prior experience in logging and hauling would be an asset
At West Fraser, we believe in giving our employees a challenge they can rise to. We are looking for individuals who are interested in career advancement for progression through various aspects of our business. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan.
This position is based out of Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park and 2.5 hours west of Edmonton, Alberta. Set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, the Hinton/Edson Woodlands team supports sawmills in Hinton and Edson as well as a pulp mill in Hinton. The Hinton operation has been proudly practicing sustainable forest management for over 60 years on its local forest tenure. Hinton is a community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.