Foothills Forest Products is a value added company specializing in dimensional lumber and pellets located in the front ranges of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Foothills Forest Products maintains an SFI certification with an annual harvest of 450,000 m3.
We are seeking an individual for a 6-month term with the possibility of extension to assist our annual operation and planning programs. Under the supervision of Forest Professionals, theselected candidate will gain hands on experience in all fields of forestry.
The primary functions include, but are not limited to:
- Harvest and road design layout
- Reconnaissance (wood quality/volume)
- Harvest block/log quality inspections
- Assisting scaling operations
- GPS data collection
- Road/bridge maintenance projects
- Road Patrol
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Be enrolled in a Forest Science or Related post-secondary degree/ diploma program
- Enjoy working outdoors with a strong willingness to learn
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license and standard First Aid Certificate
- Prior Forestry experience (GPS navigation, surveys, layout, and supervision) is considered an asset.
- Familiar with ArcMap, MS Word/ExcelFoothills
Forest Products is offering a competitive salary and accommodations to the successfulcandidates. If interested, please apply with your resume, cover letter and references by January 26,2018.
All applications can be emailed in confidence to:Graham Duckers, RPFgduckers@foothillsforestproducts.com
We thank all applicants in advance, however only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.