Are you ready to discover opportunity with one of North America’s most successful forest companies? Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to we are a growing Company looking for talented people to be part of our team. West Fraser’s, Ranger Board Division located 1 mile north of Blue Ridge, AB has immediate openings for full-time:
FOURTH CLASS POWER ENGINEERS
The position offers a challenging, diverse and exciting opportunity to become part of our production department team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Care, control and operation of the various thermal oil and energy systems
- Monitoring and operation of various computer controlled remote systems
- Work in both a control room and production floor environment
- Quality control testing, reporting and data logging
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A valid fourth class power engineering designation including firing time
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
West Fraser is currently looking for individuals who are interested in a full time long-term career. We offer an excellent compensation package including: a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan. Our employees can expect a challenging, stable, safe work environment with career development opportunities.
Blue Ridge is located near the growing, family-friendly community of Whitecourt, located in central Alberta, and a short one and half hour drive from Edmonton. Our mill and forest operations form an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in the Whitecourt, Mayerthorpe and Blue Ridge areas.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Kevin Lewchuck firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.