What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and a global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities, and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper’s Grande Prairie Global Cellulose Fibers Mill is hiring technical leader and project manager for its Power & Recovery operations. Reporting to the Power & Recovery Business Unit Manager this technical leader is responsible managing projects, training and development and for providing continuous supervision of the power plant when the Chief Power engineer is unable to do so.
- Develop a network of resources within IP that can be called upon to troubleshoot, resolve and improve area performance.
- Partner with Chief Inspector and Chief Power Engineer to plan the scope of inspection and repair for the recovery boiler internals including but not limited to:
- Establish project safety plan/resources and provide oversight to ensure safe execution of scope.
- Develop a project schedule that is achievable and hold others accountable to the schedule
- Cost tracking and control
- Effectively communicate plan, deliverables, and milestones to all stakeholders
- Ensure high quality work that meets specifications and standards
- Provide leadership support and guidance to project leader
- Develop strategies to effectively manage and communicate changes to all stakeholders
Training & Development:
- Ensure that safety requirements are known and understood by all. Champion the creation of a culture that supports employees and contractors being able to conduct their activities safely.
- Ensure consistency and quality of the training system and materials are aligned with organizational principles as outlined in our global manufacturing training initiative
- Ensure that operators are qualified to safely and effectively perform the duties and responsibilities of their jobs by managing the certification system as outlined in our global manufacturing training initiative
- Use process conditions both routine and non-routine to develop operators to be able to perform their duties and responsibilities of their job with precision and confidence
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures to ensure compliance with organizational standards of safety, precision operations, process reliability and laws/regulations
Continuous Supervision of the Power Plant:
- As a 1st Class Power Engineer, provide backup coverage for the Chief Power Engineer to ensure the continuous supervision of the power plant at all times
- As a team player, provide coverage or support for all process areas and leaders as necessary to meet department and mill objectives
The successful candidate will have…
- 1st Class Power Engineering Certificate with at least 10 years of power plant experience in pulp manufacturing
- Knowledge of inspection requirements for boilers
- Track record of motivating others and working across boundaries to achieve challenging goals
- Desire to lead, troubleshoot, solve problems and optimize performance
Key Competency Requirements:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a record of accomplishment of the following…
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Priority Setting
- Conflict Management
- Change Management
- Building Effective Teams
- Problem Solving