Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Certified Welder will be a key player in the maintenance department. In this role, you will be responsible for the welding, fabrication, repair, installation, and modification using MIG, ARC and TIG welding processes.
Responsibilities include: troubleshooting, being a part of the resolution, preventative maintenance, some project work, responding to calls and continuous process improvement including the following:
- Determine welding needs and offer recommendations for desired repairs and outcomes
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, and other documents as required
- Perform repairs and installation on a variety of equipment and structures
- Develop patterns for projects or follow directions given in layouts and work orders
- Clean, check for defects and shape component parts, sometimes using a cutting torch
- Ensure all company safety procedures and protocols are followed
- Journeyperson Welder with 5 years of structural welding experience.
- Some millwright experience will be considered as an asset.
- A valid B Pressure Certificate is preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing setting as well as the ability to follow safe work practices and procedures.
- Strong trouble shooting, problem solving and communications skills are required. The ability to work alternate shifts is a requirement of this position.
Serving the residential, multi-family and light commercial markets, our Wood Products businesses manufacture a wide range of structural framing materials and provides seamless building solutions, from design to installation to support. These teams move fast, work smart and never stop pushing to be and stay number one in the industry.
We grow trees and make forest products that improve lives in fundamental ways. Our wood products are used to build homes, where families are sheltered and raised. Our cellulose fibers are used to make diapers and other hygiene products that keep people clean and healthy. We innovate to use trees in products you may not expect, such as fabric, plastics and energy. At Weyerhaeuser, we’re working together to be the world’s premier timber, land, and forest products company.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.