What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
This position reports to the PdM and Lubrication Leader in Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada. The Grande Prairie mill is a 1000+ tonne per day Northern Bleached Softwood Kraft pulp mill. It currently operates with approximately 320 mill employees in a high performance, results oriented environment.
The Machinery Lubrication Technician is responsible for providing the necessary lubrication services to maintain the highest reliability of the equipment in their area. Lubricators must have passion about the “5 Rights of Lubrication”; the right lubricant, the right place or procedure, the right amount, the right frequency, and the right condition (contaminate free). It is also expected that they participate in the development and execution of the Lubrication Maintenance Programs which defines the inspection, addition, replacement and monitoring of lubricants.
- Participate in the safety, health, and environmental activities in accordance with standards established by the Grande Prairie Mill.Lube Route Development
- Criticality Assessment
- Participate with the Area Reliability Engineer and operational team in developing proper criticalities for all equipment in the area.
- Assist in the maintenance of criticalities based on route, equipment, and process history.
- Route Building
- Develop lube routes based on criticality and equipment needs assessments.
- Maintain equipment grease replenishment / oil change / filtering and dehydrating schedules based on lubricant inspection or test condition and life assessment.
- Actively participate in the maintenance of lube routes as equipment history would indicate.Lube Route Execution
- Perform lubrication inspections and additions based on best technologies available. Includes changing of filters and taking samples for more detailed oil analysis, repair of small leaks and other minor adjustments. Includes operation, monitoring and adjustment of central oiling and greasing systems, and oil conditioning/contaminant removal equipment such as vacuum dehydrators, centrifuges and filtration equipment, as applicable.
- Document all findings whether in or out of specification and enter this data into the appropriate data collection system.
- Create notifications to address equipment deficiencies that could not be corrected during the execution of the actual lubrication route.
- Follow-up on notifications and their timely completion once work has been identified.
- Perform various CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) tasks such as ordering lubricants and supplies, planning lubrication related work orders and completing them as required.
- Support and monitor quality of contractor-executed lubrication servicing.Failure Elimination
- Actively participate in the RCFA process for the mill.
- Perform surveys of failure causes related to lubrication on equipment using technical knowledge and equipment history to identify solutions to eliminate problems;Work Systems Improvements
- Contribute to the improvement and maintenance of technical standards, work instructions and procedures, identifying and implementing changes as necessary.Capital Project Implementation Support
- Serve as a resource to project teams to guide design and implementation of new lubrication and hydraulic systems and upgrades for serviceability and reliable performance.
- Quality Orientation and Standards Compliance
- Time Management – Planning and Organizing
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Decision Making and Judgment
- Team Work
Required qualifications include:
- High school diploma, GED, or trade school
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, and on-call
- 5 years’ experience in industrial maintenance
- Experience in reading engineering drawings
- Experience in troubleshooting equipment issues with bearings, gearboxes, hydraulic systems, chains, sprockets, conveyors, etc.
- Experience using a computer for record keeping and documentation
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and constructively, as well as good verbal and written English skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Comprehension of complex work instructions and documentation as well as the ability to perform duties with little direction
- Ability to travel internationally if required.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Journeyperson Millwright, Heavy Duty Mechanic, or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience as a fulltime machinery lubrication technician
- Certification in the International Council for Machinery Lubrication, Machinery Lubrication Technician (MLT) and/or Machine Lubricant Analyst (MLA, ISO 18436-4), level 1 or equivalent, would be an asset
- Experience using a CMMS (e.g. SAP) and Microsoft Office Products.
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of Lubrication Best Practices is a plus
International Paper is an equal opportunity employer Our core values: Commitment, Ownership, Respect, Excellence.
Grande Prairie AB T8V 3A9