Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow and are looking for talented people to join our team. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Manning Forest Products division is currently seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of:
Reporting to the Production Superintendent, this position is an advanced level position in the maintenance department. In addition, you will also be responsible for overseeing the saw filing, sawmill, planner, mobile shop and warehouse teams. This position requires a strong background in maintenance and proven strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong commitment to safety
- Provide leadership for the Maintenance department by being a role model in all areas including safety, working relationships, quality and training
- Utilize established performance management system to develop direct reports in the best interest of West Fraser (costs, overtime, absenteeism, employee performance)
- Work with Operations to improve reliability and maximize equipment availability at the lowest cost to the mill through involvement and understanding of the business
- Provide maintenance supervisors & planners with the tools and manpower to keep their area’s equipment reliable
- Develop, implement, monitor and report on systems for: personnel development, system design, cost control and equipment availability
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Mechanical tradesman with 10 years of maintenance experience
- Experience in Forestry, preferred
- Financial planning & budgeting experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven leadership, vision, dedication & ability to mentor a team
- Must possess knowledge of maintenance management system
Manning Forest Products is a sawmill located 99 kilometers from Peace River and approximately 280 kilometers north of Grande Prairie, Alberta. The town is situated around the scenic Notikewin River that provides an idyllic backdrop for the tree lined streets, an abundance of flower stands and pedestrian friendly streets. Medical, educational and retail services are provided to the approximate 1400 residents along with a pool, ball diamonds, curling and hockey facilities, golf course and river walking trails. Manning and its surrounding area is a paradise for hunting, fishing, quadding and snowmobiling.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.