This position reports to the Mill Reliability Leader in Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada. The Grande Prairie mill is a 1000+ ton per day NBSK mill. It currently operates with approximately 325 mill employees in a high performance, results oriented environment.
The Grande Prairie Mill is seeking a Mechanical Reliability Engineer. The Mechanical Reliability Engineer is responsible for providing assistance in problem solving process reliability issues. We are seeking a candidate with knowledge of industrial reliability improvement methods, programs, processes and technologies. The Mechanical Reliability Engineer will support the Reliability Team and operations in the development of reliability standards and practices. Responsible for maintaining documented records of and tracking key metrics in deliberate improvement projects and results.
- Review & Revise equipment criticalities in CMMS
- RCFA investigation
- Lead refinement of the mill predictive and preventative maintenance programs
- Create detailed plans for unique complex jobs
- Conduct FMEAs
- Lead small capital reliability improvement projects from start to finish
- Develop QA/QC for critical mechanical work
- Must be able to wear all required safety equipment.
- Access confined space entries for RCFA investigations.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, and currently registered as a P.Eng in Alberta or the ability to be registered with APEGA, as well as:
- personal commitment to working safely and protecting the safety of others
- minimum of 2 years’ experience in heavy industrial maintenance
- strong mechanical aptitude
- ability & confidence to initiate actions with a sense of urgency driving for high quality, sustainable results
- familiarity with computerized maintenance management systems (SAP preferred)
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Action Oriented
- Results Driven
- Command Skills and Customer Focus
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Strategic Agility
- Business Acumen
- International Paper Grande Prairie Pulp Mill has achieved world class safety results
- Schedule flexibility is available
- Located 10 km south of Grande Prairie; about a 15 minute commute
- High participation, modern work system
International Paper is an equal opportunity employer. Our core values are: Commitment, Ownership, Respect, Excellence.