Slave Lake Pulp, a division of West Fraser Mills Ltd., operates a state-of-the-art BCTMP pulp mill 225 km NW of Edmonton and is seeking a temporary full-time Electrical Engineering Student for the Summer and Fall 2019 for an 8-month work term. The opportunity is to be involved in supporting the electrical and instrumentation team in the design and installation of major capital projects power distribution systems and gain experience in the field of ac motors (up to 13.8kV, 23,000hp), high voltage, instrumentation, and reliability.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING STUDENT (8 MONTH WORK TERM)
The opportunity is to be involved in supporting the electrical and instrumentation team in the design and installation of major capital projects, power distribution systems and gain experience in the field of ac motors (up to 13.8kV, 23,000hp), high voltage, instrumentation, and reliability.
- Electrical Engineering
- Experience in AutoCAD and MS Office applications
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Will consider 2nd, 3rd or 4th year coop engineering students
Working under the direct supervision of the E&I Supervisor, the successful candidate’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to…
- Commitment to SLP’s Health & Safety Program
- Electrical drawings verification and updates
- PLC programming design and implementation
- CMMS upgrade support for E&I
- Site inspecting & field verification
- Support the E&I team during shutdowns and perform medium voltage motors testing, power outage support, etc.
- Performing an energy study and providing recommendations to improve overall efficiency
- Provide technical support to the electrical and instrumentation team
- Prepare and organize documentation
- Assist in the E&I shop by revising the spare parts stored in the shop and obsoleting retired equipment spare parts in addition to merging the E&I duplicated manuals
- Other duties as assigned
- The E&I Department will also offer the successful candidate a valuable learning experience by pairing him/her with experienced electricians and project engineers
Slave Lake Pulp is one of Canada’s top 100 Best Employers. We work to achieve ultimate health, safety, and environmental standards. Our modern, efficient pulp mill is committed to the highest standards of customer satisfaction and product excellence. This is an excellent opportunity for a coop engineering student to join an industry leader intent on developing young professionals.
If this position sounds like the career for you, submit your application at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.