Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? The Woodlands Team at our Blue Ridge Lumber division has an immediate opening for a highly motivated, professional to fill the role of:
Reporting to the Planning Superintendent, the Management Forester will take on a key role in strategic and higher level forest management planning as well as some operational planning. Specific responsibilities will be determined based on the skills and interests of the successful candidate, but may include:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the Detailed Forest Management Plan
- Implementation of the Growth & Yield monitoring plan
- Aboriginal consultation and engagement activities
- Preparation and submission of operational plans (General Development Plan, Final Harvest Plan, Annual Operating Plan)
- Communication with Government of Alberta, as well as numerous stakeholder groups
- Operational planning as required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be a dynamic, career-minded individual
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with GIS applications
- Be highly motivated with proven organizational skills
- Possess a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Registered Professional Forester Tech (RPFT) designation for Alberta (or be eligible and willing to earn this designation)
Considered an Asset:
- Preference will be given to candidates with 3-5 years or greater of related experience.
At West Fraser, we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan.
Blue Ridge is located near the growing, family-friendly community of Whitecourt, Alberta, and a short one and half hour drive from Edmonton. The area offers excellent year-round recreational activities. Our mill and forest operations form an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in the Whitecourt, Mayerthorpe and Blue Ridge areas. To learn more visit: http://woodlands.ac.ca
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.