West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX. Recognized as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of Canada’s 10 Best Companies to Work For, West Fraser is a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. We were recently named for the fourth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employer for Recent Graduates for 2017. Our Manning Forest Products Division, located in Manning Alberta has an immediate opening for an exceptional:
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, the preferred candidate is an Industrial Electrician with a good understanding of process systems, PLC Controls, HMI Programming, and motor control systems. Attention to safety and efficiency is a must. Good interpersonal and communication skills are also required to work in our team environment.
Specific duties include:
- Ensuring the operation of electrical systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and troubleshooting problems on all manufacturing equipment programmable controllers, transformers, and machinery wiring; following electrical codes, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications
- Repairing and replacing as necessary, electrical systems and equipment by diagnosing malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures; determining faulty wiring, inspecting and testing malfunctioning machinery
- Controlling downtime by continual improvement on all sawmill manufacturing equipment.
- Preparing electrical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends. Making recommendations as necessary for improvements
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment by complying with health and safety practices and use of personal protective equipment
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results
- Maintaining documentation as required by the Electrical Safety Authority
- Performing systematic quality checks on all work performed
Our ideal candidate possesses:
- A valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson electrical certification
- Ability to read blueprints, plans, and schematics
- Electrical aptitude and excellent problem-solving skills
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe workplace
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Organizational and planning skills
- Flexible schedule in order to work day, evening, graveyard and weekend shifts
- Leadership qualities
Considered a strong asset:
- Previous experience working in a sawmill, planer mill or with forest products
- A Red Seal Certificate
- A thorough understanding of Allen Bradley Servo Drives, VFD Drives, HMI programming Controllogix PLCs and hydraulics systems.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive wage, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan.
Manning Forest Products is a sawmill located approximately 280 kilometers north of Grande Prairie, Alberta. The town is situated on the scenic Notikewin River that provides an idyllic backdrop for the tree-lined streets, an abundance of flower stands and pedestrian-friendly streets. Medical, educational and retail services are provided to the approximate 1400 residents along with a pool, ball diamonds, curling and hockey facilities, golf course and river walking trails. Manning is known as the land of the mighty moose and the area surrounding Manning is a paradise for hunting, fishing, quadding and snowmobiling.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.