Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Certified Welder will be a key player in the maintenance department. In this role, you will be responsible for the welding, fabrication, repair, installation, and modification using MIG, ARC and TIG welding processes.
- Determine welding needs and offer recommendations for desired repairs and outcomes
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and other documents as required
- Perform repairs and installation on a variety of equipment and structures
- Develop patterns for projects or follow directions given in layouts and work orders
- Clean, check for defects and shape component parts, sometimes using a cutting torch
- Ensure all company safety procedures and protocols are followed
- Must have wood industry or manufacturing facility experience
- Must have millwright experience
- Hold a valid Alberta Journeyman or Interprovincial Welding Certificate
- Safety conscious and positive attitude
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and team
About Wood Products:
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.