Vanderwell offers stable, long-term employment which provides our employees with a good standard of living. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits plan, as well as optional RSP plans.
Vanderwell Contractors has expanded and continuously operates its manufacturing facilities at Mitsue Industrial Park even in depressed markets. They are a major employer in the local region and in the provincial economy. The company directly employs 150+ people at the sawmill/planer complex which incorporates sales, administration, woodlands and the truck maintenance shop. In addition, the company employs 25 seasonal, contract and part-time employees in transportation and seasonal activities.
- Position Summary:
- To manage the entire Lumber Manufacturing Process; to assure the safe and effective operations of the facility, and to provide highly responsible and administrative support to the General Manager.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the Lumber Manufacturing business.
- Relevant Post-Secondary education at diploma or degree levels.
- Supervisory experience in an industrial setting.
- Advanced interpersonal skills and the ability to constructively direct and lead employees to excel.
- Basic computer skills.
- Lumber grading certificate.