At Weyerhaeuser, our most valued resources aren’t only the trees and manufacturing sites we oversee. Our employees are the real reason we’ve been in business for over 100 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the leaders in manufacturing and distribution of wood products, and in timberlands management in the world.
This full-time position is part of the Edson Oriented Strand Board (OSB) mill Leadership Team and the Wood Products Canadian Human Resources Team. As a strategic business partner, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the human resources systems at the Edson manufacturing facility. This position focuses on meeting business performance objectives through effective HR planning, development, coaching and problem solving.
The Edson OSB mill is a large scale, highly competitive mill well situated to the market. It’s operated by a strong management team and approximately 150 workers represented by a union. It has a large customer base in North America.
Edson is a community of approximately 8,000 located half way between world famous Jasper National Park and Edmonton along the Yellowhead Highway. The beautiful landscape provides countless opportunities for recreation – biking, hiking, camping, fishing, hunting and more. It’s also home to one of Canada’s largest slo-pitch tournaments.
- Serve as a member of the lead team promoting the safety and well being of all of the associates in the manufacturing facility.
- Managing labour and employee relations issues to improve sustainability and culture of the organization
- Recruitment, selection, orientation, and on-boarding of new Associates
- HR Planning
- Performance management processes
- Site training and team development
- HR information systems management
- Disability management
- Compliance activities and related systems
- Business-wide HR initiatives and continuous improvement projects
- Annual salary planning review processes
- Work systems & organizational effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related field
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience and solid experience providing counsel to leaders and employees on the issue and grievance resolution and in employee and labour relations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build positive relationships across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated project planning and organizational skills including project and time management
- Strong levels of personal and professional integrity
- Champion and role model of ethical business conduct.
- Able to build trust and maintain confidentiality as a key confidante of employees and management.
- Team builder and works with leadership to create a culture of engaged employees
- Excellent computer skills, including proficient in MS Office (Excel., Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience using data and metrics to identify and address HR issues and trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Professional HR certification is a plus
About Weyerhaeuser: We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
About Wood Products: We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.