Are you an experienced Journeyperson Millwright looking for an exciting career opportunity? Are you ready to take ownership and grow an already dynamic global business? Hinton Pulp, located in Hinton, AB, is currently looking for a motivated
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Millwright will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through the daily use of troubleshooting and predictive, preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team, you will be responsible for working safely with all machinery within the pulp mill.
- Troubleshooting, analyzing, diagnosing and performing maintenance work on machinery
- Participation in the preventative and predictive maintenance program for equipment
- Reading blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to assemble equipment
- Utilizing knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers
- and chains, bearings, and hydraulics
Our ideal Millwright candidate possesses:
- A valid Inter-Provincial or AB Provincial Journeyperson Millwright certification;
- 3rd or 4th-year apprentices may be considered
- Heavy industry experience
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe workplace
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Flexibility in order to work day, evening and weekend shifts
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, relocation package, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Relocation assistance is available.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Website: www.town.hinton.ab.ca
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.