West Fraser is a leading North American forest products company. Our goals are straightforward- leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
Temporary Day Dust Labourer
This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to our business. The main focus of these positions is to reduce the risk of dust explosions by mitigating the buildup of fugitive dust. General duties involve clean-up of wood dust, hog fuel, and chips from specific areas and equipment in the Fibre Site Services department, and eventually the entire mill. Work may include working at heights on ladders or scaffolds, working in tight areas, and wearing a respirator and/or dust mask.
The successful incumbents for these positions must have
- A Grade 12 Diploma from a recognized Canadian institution and have reached the age of legal majority in Alberta
- Experience in a computerized industrial environment
- Flexible schedule, capable of working 10 hour shifts (a schedule of four days on, four days off)
- The ability to excel while working independently, or in a team
- The desire to work safely
- High motivational and organizational skills
- The ability to perform a physically demanding job in a dusty environment
- A Class 5 license or Class 5 Graduated Driver’s license, with the ability to progress to a Class 3 license
- Relevant post-secondary education is considered an asset
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our Company. Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career with competitive wages, an attractive benefits package, and a defined pension plan. This position is part of the Unifor Local 855 Union.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV trails. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, and educational institutions for pre-school through to post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Website: www.town.hinton.ab.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.