West Fraser is a leading North American forest products company. Our goals are straightforward- leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
Temporary Day Labourer (12 Months)
This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to our business. This position will perform clean–up duties in the Fibre & Site Services area. This includes chip and hog galleys, all associated conveyors, buildings yards and material piles. It is also responsible for cleaning railway crossing and switches, mail pick-up and delivery, tank watch, fire watch and other duties as required.
The successful incumbent for this position must have
- A Grade 12 Diploma from a recognized Canadian institution and have reached the age of legal majority in Alberta
- Experience in a computerized industrial environment
- Flexible schedule, capable of working four on, four off shift work as you move up in the line of progression
- The ability to excel while working independently, or in a team
- The desire to work safely
- High motivational and organizational skills
- Capable of performing a physically demanding job
- Relevant post-secondary education is considered an asset
- Candidates must prove they have a Class 5 license or Class 5 Graduated Driver’s license, with the ability to progress to a Class 3 license
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our Company. Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career with competitive wages, an attractive benefits package, and a defined pension plan. This position is part of the Unifor Local 855 Union.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV trails. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, and educational institutions for pre-school through to post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Website: www.town.hinton.ab.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.