West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Electrician will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through the daily use of predictive and preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team, you will be responsible for working safely within the pulp mill.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Ensure consistent operations of all electrical equipment
- Verification and documentation of repairs
- Weekend and/or shift work will be required
The successful candidate will possess:
- A valid Journeyman Electrician or Interprovincial certification is required
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a live plant
- Mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge and aptitude
- Experience in an industrial environment with VFDs, PLCs, MCCs, HMIs
- Experience with high voltage (600-23,000 volts)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- The desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Relocation assistance is available.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, theatre, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Website: www.town.hinton.ab.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.