At Weyerhaeuser, our focus is as much on building our people as building our business. We are committed to creating an environment where individuals can flourish, diversities encouraged and communities supported. We are one of the premier integrated forest organizations in the world. At Weyerhaeuser, we’re always looking for people who can contribute, grow, think and create! Our associates are the real reason we’ve been in business for over 100 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of wood products in the world.
The Edson facility is located in central Alberta. Edson has a population of 8,646 (2012 Municipal Census) and has a full range of recreational and cultural facilities. Edson is strategically located on Highway 16, the Trans Canada Yellowhead Route approximately 180 kilometers west of Edmonton and only a short hour drive to world famous Jasper National Park. For more information please see www.edson.ca.
This position is a 1 year temporary role with the potential to be full-time permanent.The position is part of the Mill Technical Team at the Edson oriented strand board (OSB) mill and reports to the Technical and Environmental Manager. The Process Control Technician provides expertise and support in operating and controlling production processes. Once trained, the process control technician will split time between the lab and the control room rolesnctions of the Mill.
- Role models safety.
- Familiar with safety tools and systems such as hazard assessments, near misses, the courage to intervene, Lockout-Tag out and confined space.
- Performs routine quality assurance checks throughout the process and inspection of finished product.
- Performs quality activities in accordance with Technical Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) including routine structural testing as prescribed by the mill’s Quality Management System.
- Promotes the use of Process Reliability concepts throughout the mill.
- Ensures the accuracy of records and appropriate documentation with respect to quality and production.
- Understanding of mill process flow in order to safely and reliability direct and operate the mill through upset conditions.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- A post-secondary degree in Wood Technology, Science or Engineering
- In lieu of degree, a combination of directly related experience and diploma will be considered.
- Proven high safety and work standards.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Capable of thinking logically and critically with good analytical skills.
- Some mechanical aptitude and a basic understanding of cause and effect.
- Able to adjust quickly to changing conditions and multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of statistical methods is an asset.
- Must work well independently or as part of a team.
- Motivation, initiative, and a strong desire for personal growth and learning.
- Demonstrate the ability to focus on continuous improvement, developing innovative ideas, and improving systems.
This position works 12 hours, 4 on 4 off, days and night rotating shift.
About Wood Products: We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser: We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.