A Store Room Technician/Coordinator role for Grande Prairie Lumber. This role will support the coordination of Stores ensuring we have a safe and efficient operation.
This is an exciting time at Weyerhaeuser Grande Prairie Lumber, just beginning a major upgrade of the sawmill, including the storeroom. The successful applicant will report to the Maintenance Superintendent and will be responsible for coordinating the flow of the daily material and services through the storeroom, ensuring that all storeroom tasks are completed safely and efficiently, aiding in the success of the mill by reliably meeting the businesses production and maintenance needs. They will also be a key contributor to optimizing the SAP system records in preparation for the new sawmill equipment and the physical design of the new world-class storeroom. The ideal candidate should have a desire for growth within the procurement profession. Shift schedule – base weekday shift, with requirements for some overtime and weekend coverage.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the following:
- Behavior consistent with the Safety Vision and Policy and the Site Principles.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Previous Store Room experience with purchasing/maintenance skills would be preferred.
- Experience in using a computerized inventory control system such as Maximo or SAP.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Physically able to perform the role and tasks associated with the storeroom.
- Self-motivated with proven strong interpersonal, listening, and communication skills (verbal and written/typing).
- Ability to prioritize and learn quickly.
- Possessing a Valid Forklift license or the ability to obtain one will be necessary for this position.
- Ability to perform moderate lifting (less than 50 lbs).
- Be in the possession of an SCMP designation or in the process of completing/working towards it.
- Desirable qualification for this role would be a University degree in Accounting, Business or Commerce.
- Hours of work are generally day shift, Monday to Friday, 40-45 hours per week. Specific hours based on business need.
Career Path/ Progression Implications:
- Depending on the qualifications/certification. This role will be administered either in the current salaried or hourly tech progression systems.
- This is a permanent role.
- The placement of the successful candidate will be dependent on backfilling his/her current role and business needs.
About Wood Products:
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.