Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Edson Sawmill located in Edson, Alberta has an opportunity for a:
Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic
The candidate will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through the daily use of troubleshooting and preventative maintenance strategies.
- Maintenance of Sawmill Heavy Duty Equipment such as forklifts and loaders
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Verify and document repairs
- Monitor product quality and provide feedback
- Preventative maintenance
- Troubleshooting for various pieces of equipment
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Candidates must possess a Red Seal Certificate
- A valid journeyman or inter-provincial certification is required
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Weekend and/or shift work may be required
- Valid AB driver’s license
Considered a strong asset:
- Previous experience working in a sawmill or an industrial environment
West Fraser is currently looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time long-term career. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan. Our employees can expect a challenging, stable, safe work environment with career development opportunities.
Edson is located 2 hours west of Edmonton and 2 hours east of Jasper National Park. Edson is a growing community of approximately 9,000 permanent residents and has a full range of recreational and cultural facilities. People from Edson enjoy outdoor hockey, camping, hiking, hunting, fishing, downhill and cross-country skiing, curling, kayaking, golfing and various outdoor and indoor activities. With a friendly “small town” atmosphere and some great recreational and cultural facilities, once you get a taste of living in Edson you’ll be hooked.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.