West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking an experienced, professional, dedicated individual to fill the exciting position of:
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE or ADVANCED CARE PARAMEDIC
This is a permanent, full-time position on site consisting of a 40 hour work week (Monday to Friday). Reporting to the OH&S Superintendent, this position is a key member of the safety team, and works closely with mill supervisors and management. If you enjoy working with people, have strong organization skills, enjoy challenge and satisfaction, and want to learn more about the industry, this is a great opportunity to make a real difference. We are continually seeking new ways to improve the employee experience, and this position is an important player in that process.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with the Safety and Human Resources departments to create meaningful individualized return to work plans for employees, in cooperation with their health care provider and our Company physician
- Administer and develop wellness programs within a team environment
- Promote early return to work
- Assessment and delivery of first aid treatment. Provide emergency care in the workplace and arrange for further care, as needed
- Assisting in organizing the Employee Family Assistance Plan
- Case management of Worker’s Compensation Board (WCB) and short-term disability claims
- Conducting fit testing, audiograms, and Pulmonary Function Tests
- Administration of our prescription safety glass program
- Establish and maintain confidential health records
- Additional duties as required
The successful candidate must possess:
- Current registration with the College & Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) or current registration with the Alberta College of Paramedics
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Valid First-Aid certificate
- Advanced Provider certification
- An OHN certification is preferred, but not required
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a team and independently
- Knowledge of computer applications and software systems
- Experience with health education
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Relocation assistance is available.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Website: www.town.hinton.ab.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.