Weyerhaeuser Company has an immediate opening for a full-time entry-level Operations Team Member for our Edson, Alberta Oriented Strand Board Mill.
We offer a competitive starting wage along with gainsharing (bonus) opportunities. Benefits include pension, medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage.
- Demonstrate total commitment to working safely and following all safety rules and regulations
- Must demonstrate the willingness and ability to learn new jobs and skills
- Communicate with team members and leadership to ensure consistent exchange of information relative to position
- Responsible for daily operation of manufacturing equipment that produces oriented strand board
- Responsible for cleaning the assigned production area, which involves sweeping and removing debris
- Interpret work instructions adequately and successfully completing tasks as delegated
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Problem solve and troubleshoot equipment and issues on a regular basis
- May operate forklifts and other mobile equipment to manage product flow
- Attend team meetings and regular training sessions
- Perform regular Preventive Maintenance and clean-up on equipment.
- Regularly involved in process improvement projects.
- Perform quality checks and ensure production of a quality product.
- Complete shift paperwork and recordkeeping.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Demonstrate ownership and commitment to safety and risk assessment
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Willingness and ability to wear all required personal protective equipment
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Good communication skills
- Successful completion of a pre-employment testing process
- Ability to work within and contribute in a team setting
- Industrial Manufacturing experience is a strong asset
- Experience in a self-directed team environment is an asset
About Wood Products
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.