Who We Are: Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp, and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy. As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
The Opportunity: Canfor is currently seeking motivated individuals for Production Employee positions. This opportunity provides the potential for growth within a fast-paced production environment and will expose the ideal candidate to different training in various areas of the mill site.
- Ensure safety standards are met by following Canfor safe work and lockout procedures
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness in your work area and throughout the mill
- Train and develop skills in various areas of the mill site
- Develop strong working relationships with your peers and production team
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Available to work shift work
- Completion of Grade 12/GED AND/OR a minimum of 2 years industrial work experience AND/OR equivalent training (eg. OFA3, grading ticket, trade, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot
- Positive attitude and a self-starter
- Able to work in an environment that may include exposure to weather, dust, chemicals, moving mechanical parts, and noise.
Preference may be given to those individuals with a Level 3 First Aid ticket AND/OR knowledge of the lumber manufacturing process.
The wage for a Production Employee starts at $28.91 per hour based on the collective agreement.
At Canfor, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, MSP coverage, and pension, as well as other benefits as per the collective agreement at each of our mills.
Grow With Us:
Canfor provides many different training opportunities for employees to advance and grow within our company. Internal training programs such as Canfor College provide various types of courses for employees across our operations.
With numerous success stories throughout our history of employees starting from humble beginnings within Canfor, and through our promote from within culture many of our employees have had the opportunity to become leaders within the organization. Valuing their contributions, these individuals have brought a significant impact on the way we do business today. At Canfor, the potential for advancement and growth is endless.
Find out how you can grow with us today. Apply now.
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbor in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our Company.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages and are committed to the professional development of our employees.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Grande Prairie, AB: Grande Prairie is one of Canada’s fastest growing cities and is an exciting place for those who are young, upwardly mobile and in search of an affordable home. The city also offers an array of job aspects and endless cultural and leisure activities. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/grande-prairie