Here at Weyerhaeuser, we’re looking for people who can contribute, grow, think and create! The ideal person will have at least 8 years of Maintenance Supervisory experience, preferably within an OSB Environment, along with a strong mechanical and/or electrical background.
Safety is a top priority at Weyerhaeuser and the Edson OSB Operation. The Maintenance Supervisor will be reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager and will be responsible for working with the maintenance team to ensure the safest, most effective and reliable utilization of time and resources.
- Provides effective leadership to the team to achieve business results (safety, reliability, cost, quality).
- Lead team meetings and training, identifying safety, environmental, quality & production issues, coordinate activities with the production team to maximize productivity.
- Handle employee issues, builds teamwork and ensures adherence to all applicable site policies & procedures.
- Supervise and develop the maintenance team to ensure effective communication across and between shifts and with the production teams.
- Provides team and individual feedback promotes compliance with safe work practices.
- Coordinates and plans maintenance work to ensure maximum reliability of all equipment, considering safety, financial constraints, skills, lead times, and special equipment and repair procedures.
- Completing purchase orders and other documentation for the procurement of spare and replacement parts.
- Maintain and improve the preventive/predictive maintenance system and follow-up to ensure safe, timely and satisfactory completion of mechanical maintenance work.
- Participate in recruiting, developing and continual training of the maintenance staff and evaluating their performances on a monthly basis.
- Utilize common desktop PC applications to perform administrative duties associated with maintenance.
- Minimum 8 years of Maintenance Supervisory experience
- Millwright Red Seal Certification / Mechanical Technical Degree or equivalent experience/training
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Ensuring that all maintenance activities in the facility are safely and efficiently carried out.
- Must have previous experience in maintaining and upholding the Safety, Environmental, Quality and Company Standards of the Organization.
- Proven expertise in preventive and predictive maintenance methods.
- Good troubleshooting and failure analysis skills.
- Ensuring proper working shifts of employees.
- Recruiting, developing and continual training of the maintenance staff and evaluating their performances on a monthly basis.
- Maintain a professional relationship will interacting with other departments to ensure the proper functioning of all systems in a facility.
- Complying with all safety norms and regulations set by the industry.
- Delegating work to subordinates and ensuring the timely completion of the same.
- Inspect work for completeness.
- Filing purchase orders and other documentation for the procurement of spare and replacement parts
Skills and Specifications:
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills. With the ability to understand complex written and oral instructions
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
- Good organizational skills and excellent in motivating and managing the team
- Critical thinker, enthusiastic and positive approach towards employees and work
- Leading and/or influencing problem-solving and ensuring technical and/or appropriate operations support are utilized during problems or upset conditions
- Ability to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with fellow employees and vendors/contractors.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
About Wood Products: We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser: We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.