West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company, listed on the TSX and recognized for the fifth time, as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our, Manning Forest Products Division in Manning Alberta, has an opportunity for a fully certified:
Heavy Duty Mechanic
This position is a full-time role offering a challenging, diverse and exciting opportunity to become part of our team. Job duties will fall within our Mobile Shop department. This position requires an individual who will perform a variety of tasks related to the safe and efficient application of the technical skills and knowledge of a Heavy Duty Mechanic. Duties involve the repair and maintenance of industrial equipment such as Log Loaders, Wheel Loaders, Forklifts and other mobile equipment used in the manufacture of lumber. Continually ensuring the quality and standards of service to safety and production must be maintained.
Our ideal candidate must possess:
- A valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson mechanic certification, 3rd and 4th-year apprentices are also encouraged to apply
- Ability to read manuals and schematics
- Knowledge of Hydraulics
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe workplace
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Organizational and planning skills
- Flexible schedule to work day, evening and weekend shifts
Considered a strong asset:
- Experience working in a fleet shop
- Cummins and Cat engine experience
- Strong Electrical background
We offer a challenging, stable work environment with competitive wages. If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs and click on the green “apply now” at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and other career opportunities, visit our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.