Electricians and Millwrights are responsible for safely and efficiently maintaining the plants’ electrical systems. Working with the Operator, the Maintenance team, as well as the Automation team, the Electrician provides both regular and routine support to all electrical equipment at the Plant.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in Pinnacle’s Owning Safety culture, including the use of DATS for recording safety conversations, observations and training. Regularly sets an example and provides leadership for Owning Safety looks to contribute in all areas of the business.
- Support the leadership team when mentoring and training other employees to ensure employees are properly trained and competent complete with the appropriate documentation.
- Maintains Pinnacle’s high standards of housekeeping within the department and with the participation of all team members
- Utilizes SDS for all chemicals used in the production and ensures all employees are adequately trained on their use
- Complete all safety-related Plant Operator Development Program training requirements as required by each Level.
- Participate and communicate on the company radio’s following Pinnacle’s Radio Usage Procedure
- Maintain radio communication that is brief, clear, in a natural speaking voice and contains only essential instructions and Information.
- Active involvement in Pinnacle Entwistle OH&S Committee.
- Providing regular and routine maintenance of machines ensuring safety, quality, productivity and environmental policies are held to the highest standards.
- Install, maintain, inspect and repair a wide variety of electrical equipment.
- Mentor in house Electrical apprentices through their professional development.
- Work with other trades in a team environment, increasing safety, quality, efficiency, and production.
Minimum Requirements (Experience, Education, Qualifications, Skills, Abilities)
- Red Seal Certified; completed a journeyman apprenticeship in a relevant trade (Millwright, Electrician, Heavy Duty Mechanic).
- 5 years of progressive heavy industry experience, preferably in pellet industry, particle board or fiberboard industries
- PLC and HMI experience an asset
- Experience in heavy industry operations an asset
- Able to operate mobile equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer proficient and familiar with work order systems.
- Adaptable to changes in work schedules or work tasks.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills.
- Good electrical aptitude.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Works with a strong sense of urgency
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Listens and is open to feedback
- Demonstrates agility within a dynamic environment
- Demonstrates a hands-on attitude and an attention to detail
- Pays attention to the small details
- Demonstrates a willingness to pitch in wherever needed
- Authentic, respectful-diplomatic-thoughtful.