There is an opening at the Grande Prairie GCF facility for a Fiber Supply Team Leader. This posting is within the Wood Processing area specifically responsible for the Chips and Biomass processes.
The successful candidate will report to the Grande Prairie Fiber Supply Manager.
This is a full-time salary position. The schedule includes Monday to Friday day shift as well as the requirement to be available for after-hours consultation/reporting to the mill and weekend coverage to support a manufacturing facility operating 24 hours per day.
- Ensure that safety requirements are known and champion the creation of a culture that supports employees and contractors being able to conduct their activities safely
- Learn and become a technical resource for the unit operations and equipment within the Chips and Biomass processes as well as become knowledgeable in the Woodyard, Woodroom and Industrial Landfill areas
- Lead the creation and execution of engagement activities for the employees that are assigned
- Consistently apply policies for scheduling and pay as well as time approval
- Ensure that safety and environment practices as well as operating and maintenance procedures are up-to-date, followed and improved
- Create and ensure compliance with centerlines that deliver operating targets and quality parameters within the Chips and Biomass processes
- Perform Team Leader functions in the Daily Operations and Manufacturing Work System processes
- Identify and support the development as well as an implementation of opportunities to improve: safety; cost and reliability in order to meet the Corporation’s expectations of year-over-year improvements
- Ensure the Chips and Biomass processes comply with environmental regulations and IP standards
- Partner with the operating and maintenance department leaders to engage a team capable of delivering the expected area performance
- Develop a network of resources within IP that can be called upon to troubleshoot, resolve and improve area performance.
The successful candidate will have a:
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering, Wood Products, Forestry or significant experience operating/maintaining/leading unit operations of similar complexity
- Track record of motivating others and working across boundaries to achieve challenging goals
- Drive to lead, troubleshoot, solve problems and optimize performance.
- Planning and Coordinating Operations/Maintenance Outages
- Priority Setting
- Conflict Management
- Building Effective Teams
- Problem Solving
- Meeting Budgets
- Proficiency using computer software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SAP)
International Paper is an equal opportunity employer Our core values: Commitment, Ownership, Respect, Excellence.