The Operations Safety Advisor (Alberta) will embrace, champion, and grow Pinnacle’s Owning Safety culture by supporting the development and implementation of leading safety practices and resources across all Pinnacle operations. Using a wide range of safety skills and experiences, the Alberta-based OSA will support Alberta operations in achieving and sustaining safe production, continual improvement, and risk readiness.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
Must embody Pinnacle’s Core Values, focusing on meaningful engagement at all levels. Create and sustain strong relationships with key stakeholders (Plant Teams, Central Operations, Corporate, etc.).
Operational Safety Support – 70%
- Enthusiastically support Pinnacle’s Alberta operations in promoting our Owning Safety culture
- Champion the implementation and use of effective safety resources to reduce risk through the positive communication of Pinnacle safety processes, policies, procedures & practices.
- Communicate accurate information on standards supporting the safe production of quality pellets.
- Provide on-the-job training with new and young workers, both in Pinnacle standards and procedures, as well as various certificate training courses (as qualified).
- Engage team members in Owning Safety conversations; and “catching each other doing things right.”
- Review and analyze DATS (Digital Action Tracking System) safety information to identify opportunities for both “kudos” and improvement. Report regularly to plant & senior management.
- Support Pinnacle teams to help drive meaningful change through quality incident investigations.
- Advise & support operations teams in Owning Safety during regular operations and plant shutdowns.
DATS Learning Management System (LMS) & On-The-Job (OJT) Training Development–15%
- Play a critical role in ensuring our operations teammates are awesome and safe at what they do.
- Support the development of DATS-based training courses supporting Pinnacle and operating site policies and procedures – assist in creating new learning content.
- Work with plant management to identify new DATS safety system applications and opportunities
- Work with plant management to identify and deliver required safety training materials
- Support development of “micro-learning” modules to support existing training efforts
- Support and participate in Pinnacle’s “Safety Champion Academy” training sessions
Other Safety Support– 15%
- Support safety and operations teams on various safety initiatives and projects, at operating locations across all Pinnacle operations.
- Advise & support Pinnacle Teams on capital construction projects.