West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION PLANNER
This position is a mid-to-advanced level position in the Maintenance Department which is responsible for planning, scheduling and supervising the execution of electrical and instrumentation (E&I) maintenance work. It requires a high level of technical knowledge and a basic understanding of the kraft pulping process. This position reports to the E&I Maintenance Superintendent.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning for a maintenance crew safely and effectively.
- Creating detailed job plans.
- Planning several weeks in advance for run and shutdown maintenance for 10-15 tradesmen and multiple operating areas.
- Managing the E&I maintenance backlog.
- Managing maintenance costs.
- Creating and implementing preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure compliance with electrical codes and adherence to safety regulations.
- Produce and maintain the weekly schedule with operations groups and execution team.
The successful candidate must have:
- Electrician trade certification or Instrument Mechanic trade certification with proven knowledge of electrical trade in a maintenance planning position.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in either a pulp mill or heavy industrial setting is preferred.
- Experience in an operational facility is required.
- Strong leadership, planning, budgeting, and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Sound knowledge of computer software and applications is preferred.
- Possess excellent organization, proactive mindset, time management, and communication skills.
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Relocation assistance is available.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Website: www.town.hinton.ab.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.