West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company, listed on the TSX and recognized as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. We have also been rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for four years and nominated as BC’s Top Employer. We are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team.
Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? We are looking for an individual who is interested in a long-term career with West Fraser. Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking an individual with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills for the role of:
JOURNEYMAN HVAC TECHNICIAN
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the HVAC Technician will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through the daily use of predictive and preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team, you will be responsible for working safely within the pulp mill.
Specific duties include:
- Develop and maintain PM Program for all site HVAC systems
- Provide input for capital improvements for HVAC systems
- Supervise contract maintenance crews
- Manage required spare parts using CMMS (Maximo)
- Manage workflows and maintenance activities using CMMS (Maximo)
- Manage repairs and service within HVAC Maintenance budge
- Troubleshooting and inspecting equipment to detect faults and deficiencies
- Performing scheduled maintenance service on HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Determining the extent of repair required
- Adjusting equipment and repairing and/or replacing defective parts
- Cleaning and performing other maintenance work
- Servicing attachments and working tools
- Actively participate in Hinton Pulp safety program
The successful candidate will possess:
- Red Seal Journeyman Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic (HVAC) Certificate
- 3rd or 4th-year apprentices may be considered
- A minimum of 5 years’ previous heavy industry experience
- An excellent ability to read drawings and schematics
- Good interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- A proven safety record and the utmost attention to maintain a safe working environment
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, theatre, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton website: www.town.hinton.ab.ca
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.