West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
ALBERTA B PRESSURE WELDER
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the certified welder will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through the daily use of predictive and preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team, you will be responsible for working safely within the pulp mill.
Specific duties include:
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and weld specifications
- Obtaining certification in Hinton Pulp’s weld procedures for P1 Carbon Steel SMAW, P8 Stainless Steel SMAW, and GTAW
- Operating manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operating brazing and soldering equipment
- Active participation in the Hinton Pulp Safety Program
The successful candidate must:
- Hold a valid Alberta Journeyman or Interprovincial Welding Certificate
- Hold a valid B Pressure Certificate
- Have experience with CWB, CSA 47.1 Certification to carbon steel, SMAW, FHVO
- Demonstrate heavy industry experience
- Demonstrate previous experience in a flexible multi-skilled work environment
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Hold a valid driver’s license in AB
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Relocation assistance is available.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, theatre, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Website: www.town.hinton.ab.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.