Alberta Newsprint Company (ANC) is a world-class manufacturing facility that employs over 200 people. We produce rolls of newsprint and other paper grades for printing & press rooms. We are also diversified in other businesses such as Transloading and Power production. We are located in Whitecourt, Alberta, 1½ hours North West of Edmonton.
Systems Analyst requirements:
- A degree (Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science) or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of related experience in an IT environment
- A basic programming/scripting skill set
- Relational database experience (Microsoft SQL)
- Microsoft Windows client-server experience
- Teamwork oriented
The following would be valuable assets to have:
- VMWare experience
- Developing a clear understanding of all existing data requirements
- Developing project plans and providing project management assistance
- Running specific analysis projects
- Supporting initiatives to improve reporting quality
- Working with stakeholders at all levels as defined by the project requirements
- Improving the quality of the products and services delivered by IT
- Assisting with integration and acceptance testing
- Supporting the development of training and implementation material
- Providing support during and post implementation
- Acting as a “translator” between the business and IT
- Networking experience
- Customer/Client interaction
- Programming skills
- Financial and maintenance software and database environment experience
- Control systems experience
At ANC we help you focus on your individual growth by providing diverse training opportunities, assistance with advancing your education, and internal succession planning. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, troubleshooting and communication skills. A competitive salary, benefits, and pension package are provided. You will also be included in the yearly company-wide bonus plan.
This position requires the candidate to relocate to Whitecourt as our facility is located 10KM West of town. Whitecourt has a population of 10,574 (2013). Candidates can find out more about ANC at www.albertanewsprint.com and what Whitecourt & area has to offer at www.whitecourt.ca.
Please be advised that we will only be considering applicants who are Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or those who have a valid & current Canadian work permit.
Please submit applications/resume complete with references by November 9th, 2018 to
Alberta Newsprint Company
Postal Bag 9000
And/or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org