Waratah Forestry Equipment Canada Ltd. is a John Deere company. Waratah has proudly served the global forestry industry for more than 40 years, pioneering mechanized harvesting with first-class products of distinct quality, durability, and reliability paired with unparalleled customer support.
Role Summary: Waratah Forestry Equipment Canada Ltd. is seeking an experienced field service representative in the area of Edmonton, Alberta. This position provides technical field support to our Waratah dealer network and customer base throughout the Alberta and Saskatchewan Region.
- Responsible for assisting customers with start-up, commissioning and set up (hydraulic, mechanical, automation) of new Waratah harvester processor heads sold within the assigned territory
- Performs hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting of problems on Waratah processor harvesters working in the field
- Works with the logging contractors to assist with application and performance of Waratah product
- Assists with demo operating and demonstrations of dealer-owned Waratah product
- Assists with promoting Waratah products within the territory, which will include performing sales calls on logging contractors
- Assists dealers with support issues, in-field challenges, and warranty issues relating to Waratah
- Experience working in the logging industry or forest equipment industry either as a mechanic or harvester operator
- Strong mechanical aptitude, strong troubleshooting skills, and experience working on equipment in the forest industry
- Solid understanding of hydraulics and electrical theory
- Willingness and ability to travel (up to 75%) within Alberta and Saskatchewan as scheduled thru the Product Support Manager on a weekly basis to meet operational business needs
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products plus intranet and internet functions
- Experience in woods safety and traveling safely in and out of logging job sites
- Dangle head processor or harvester head operating experience
- 2-3 years of mechanical experience on Waratah or other brand harvester/processors
- Ticketed Heavy Duty (HD) mechanic or equivalent in education/experience (not mandatory if suitable years of working experience with logging equipment)
- Experience and knowledge of Western Canadian logging applications and practices
As part of the total compensation package for this position, the incumbent will be provided with the requirements to carry out the duties of the position which include but are not limited to a company vehicle, cell phone, and protective equipment. The company also offers competitive base pay compensation, along with a bonus plan and numerous company paid benefits to support employee physical, emotional and financial well-being.
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered. As an equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.