Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
FIBRE SITE AND SERVICES SHIFT SUPERVISOR
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership, direction, and supervision to a shift crew
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Ensuring consistent operation of the pulp mill
- Work towards achieving operating targets
- Facilitating the reliable supply of services to the mill
- Supervising operation of a wide variety of equipment including chip handling, mobile equipment, hog handling
The successful candidate must have:
- Proven leadership skills and experience
- A grade 12 diploma or GED
- Knowledge and experience with heavy equipment operation considered an asset
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- A desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
- Physical ability to work 12-hour shifts
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.