Our Hinton Pulp division is seeking individuals with strong technical, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
LIGNIN PLANT OPERATOR
Reporting to the Area Manager, this position is responsible for the operation, coordination, and optimization of plant equipment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for equipment checks and reporting any maintenance or operating problems
- Maintain environmental standards
- Provide on-the-job advice and training to other personnel
- Maintain log book and test sheets (daily)
- Perform analytical tests on collected samples
- Collect samples as required
- Performs weekly safety & equipment (ODR) checks
- Responsible for emergency response to gas alarms
- General housekeeping of field area daily
- Perform tank watch as necessary
- Issues Safe Work Permits and Hot Work Permits as required
- Assist with loading of lignin product as required
- Additional duties as required
The successful candidate must have:
- A Grade 12 Diploma (or GED) from a recognized Canadian institution, have reached the age of legal majority in Alberta, and possess one of the following:
- High school graduation including successful completion of two of the following three subjects: Chemistry 20, Math 20-2, or Physics 20, OR post-secondary education completion of equivalent courses
- The ability to work a four on/four off shift schedule
As part of the recruitment process, applicants must submit proof of educational requirements (transcripts) along with their resume. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For applicants with international education, qualification assessments showing the Canadian equivalencies must be submitted at the time of application. We recommend applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (or a similar education assessment service): https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-employment-apply.aspx. The “Education Assessment” level can compare specific courses to our requirements (two of three, Math 20-2, Chemistry 20 or Physics 20).
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.