Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
POWER & RECOVERY OPERATIONS MAINTENANCE COORDINATOR
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership, direction, and supervision to the department
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Ensuring consistent operation of the pulp mill
- Work towards achieving operating and departmental targets
- Improving area equipment reliability and operator competence
- Ability to prioritize area maintenance requirements
- Assist in developing departmental budgets
The successful candidate must have:
- Proven leadership skills and experience
- A 2nd class power engineering certification in Alberta
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- A desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
- Experience as a shift engineer would be considered an asset
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.