For over 25 years, Forcorp Solutions Inc. has provided high quality and innovative services and solutions to industry, government and academic organizations in the areas of natural resource management, information technology and data management. The company’s success is reliant on developing an in-depth understanding of our clients’ needs and delivering solutions and services that improve their business. We employ professionals who embrace this attitude and are committed to providing value to our clients.
We are seeking one or more highly motivated individuals to assume the position of Geospatial Analyst with the company’s natural resource analysis team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate on natural resource spatial modeling initiatives through processing and analysis of spatial and attribute datasets.
- As part of a team, develop approaches for spatial analyses that achieve project objectives in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Document and present analysis methods, results and findings.
- Researching and implementing emerging GIS tools and approaches that increase the quality and efficiency of existing services, and that expand the overall suite of services that the company provides.
Qualifications – Personal/behavioral Traits
- Skills in problem solving and spatial analysis.
- Eagerness to investigate and apply emerging technologies.
- Focused on delivering solutions and services that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Ability to work independently or within project teams of various sizes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Skillfully identify and assess challenges and problems and successfully resolve them in a timely manner.
- Produce high quality work through being attentive to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work with various project management approaches, depending on project nature and scope.
Qualifications – Education and Experience
- A degree in ecology, environmental science, forestry, or other related discipline, and formal education or work-based experience focused, on the application of geospatial analysis.
- Minimum of two years of GIS work experience.
- Thorough understanding of GIS and spatial analysis principles and applications.
- Proficient in the use of desktop-based GIS software products (i.e.: ESRI, QGIS, gvSIG, uDig, etc.).
- Experience with timber supply models, preferable Woodstock and/or Patchworks.
- Familiar with a variety of technologies capable of storing spatial data (i.e.: ArcSDE [personal & file geodatabases], PostGIS, Oracle Spatial, SQL Server, Shapefiles, etc).
- Familiar with technologies capable of publishing geospatial data to the web (i.e.: GeoServer, MapServer, ArcGIS for server, etc.).
We conduct our business in a work environment that is both flexible and comfortable, and in a culture that promotes and provides for creative thinking and teamwork. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, RRSP matching, a health spending allowance, and opportunities for challenges and growth. Additional information can be found on our website – www.forcorp.com.
Interested individuals, who meet the above-defined qualifications, are encouraged to submit their resume, accompanied by a cover letter. Within the cover letter, please state your salary expectations and available start date. Please send applications in MS Word or PDF format, by December 14, 2018, to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated with confidence.
Only Canadian citizens, permanent residents or individuals with valid work permits will be considered for this opportunity.