Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the fifth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Slave Lake Pulp division in Slave Lake, Alberta, has an opportunity for a temporary:
ADMINISTRATOR & TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANT
This position will cover a 1-year maternity leave in the transportation office. Confidentiality, strong communication skills and commitment to their own and other’s health and safety are required for this position.
- Efficient organizational skills
- Be able to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Accurate data entry skills and superior attention to detail
- Significant experience in using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Comfortable in learning new computer programs
- Ability to work with strict daily deadlines
- Grade 12 or GED equivalent
- A valid driver’s license
The ideal candidate:
- Ability to type at 40 words per minute (WPM) or more
- Previous administration or shipping/transportation experience
- Preference will be given to those willing to cross train in other functions
- A motivated individual committed to teamwork and attention to detail is a must
- Can adjust well to a fast-paced and changing environment
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with corporate and mill transportation team on product shipment
- Coordination of ordering mill supplies
- Data entry related to shipping and receiving products
- Managing files, records, and other documents related to transportation
- Be able to obtain information to respond to requests
- Daily inventory counts
- Prepare reports (daily, monthly, yearly)
- Answer telephones and direct calls
- Other duties as assigned
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits.
Slave Lake Pulp is a 240,000 tpy BCTMP mill located approximately 2.5 hours north of Edmonton, Alberta. Slave Lake Pulp is committed to continuous improvement, through operational, mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation reliability. We have a collaborative, team culture.
Slave Lake is a town of approximately 7,000 residents and has all the amenities of a larger center yet maintains the lifestyle of a small community. For more on Slave Lake, please visit: www.slavelake.ca
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs and click on the green “apply now” at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.