West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking:
ENTRY LEVEL ENGINEERS
Applicants will be utilized in one of several departments based on their experience, qualifications and the mill’s needs. This could include a role in process engineering, mechanical/project engineering, reliability engineering, maintenance/operations supervision, or maintenance planning. If applicants have a preference, please specify in the cover letter.
The successful candidate must:
- Possess an Engineering Degree from an accredited institution (Mechanical or Chemical disciplines are preferred)
- Be eligible to register as an EIT or P.Eng with APEGA
- Previous experience in an industrial environment is considered an asset
- Be able to communicate effectively in oral and written form with all levels of the organization
- Have good problem-solving, technical, and project management skills
- The desire to learn, grow, and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser traits of Integrity, Respect, Humility, Hard Work, and Frugality
- Be able to work effectively in a team environment
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, theatre, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Website: www.town.hinton.ab.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.